Tuesday 30 April 2013

RAK 78 - Pot luck wha? --- (oh crap)

March 19

Today had a bit of a bitter sweet start.  Emma woke with Pink Eye, so it meant that, with my Mom away, Jeremy and I had to adjust our schedules, and see who could spend the day home with her...

I got chosen, and although it was hard to miss work at such a busy time, I was so pleased I would get to spend the day with my Emma...  Perhaps there was even a bit of gratitude for this bought of Pink Eye...

We spent the morning drawing and doodling when I suddenly remembered that I had committed to bringing a slow cooker dish to the School to contribute to the Pot Luck dinner the parents put on for the teachers during parent teacher interviews...!  I hadn't put it in my google calendar when I made the commitment... and in our world, if it isn't in the calendar, it doesn't happen...

Also, I don't often cook, nor do I do much of the grocery shopping... so I am sure I was completely out of my mind when I actually signed up to do this.  In most times like these, I usually voluntell Jeremy to cook something yummy - but in order to pull that off... I would actually have to TELL him.

But there I was in this predicament of my own creating, and I REFUSED to admit defeat.  I clicked into high gear - searched my recipe books, did a mad dash to the grocery store, and prepared a fantastic batch of Calico Baked Beans!  And yes, I even got it to the school on time.  *phew* ...




It would appear that the universe had my back with the pink eye thing... Had I gone to work, I would have been unable to fulfill this commitment. - It was cleared up and she was fit for school the very next day...

Learning:  Keep the google calendar up to date...

Lovingly,

Coreena

on Behalf of the Kornel/Peters Family


No comments:

Post a Comment