Sunday 24 February 2013

RAK 41 - Commissioned for you...

February 10

RAK 41 - Commissioned for you...

So, here we are in February, and I have been in a bit of a 'funk'.  I am finding that it is pretty common at this time of the year for others to feel much the same way.  Add to that, the fact that I have five busy children, and a demanding job, I think it is only natural to wish to hibernate for a spell.  Thankfully, my family has been taking this Random Act thing so seriously, and they have been carrying this on with vigor as I rest up, search for my smile, and emerge from a bit of a dark place.

I have a dear online friend who has been going through a really rough time over the course of the past few months.  Her story is hers to tell, so I will not divulge any details here, but, suffice it to say that to get up each day and put one foot in front of the other required significant effort.

Before Christmas, she had asked our group of online friends to contribute to her home décor with a piece of our original art, commissioned with her in mind.  Her intention was to hang our pieces in a collage on her wall as a reminder that she is loved and supported by so many.  I immediately responded that I was 'in' and went out and purchased the paint that was in her 'suggested colors' spectrum.


A bit of a challenge to find all the colors!

I took the canvas, and the paint into my art room, and there they sat...  For a month... Until I FINALLY heeded to it's super late night yearning to no longer be white.

It begged me to no longer be white...


Again, this canvas sat, in the pile of other half done pieces, that I never seemed to get to...  and the specially purchased paint sat in it's designated space on my workspace constantly reminding me that I had made this commitment...

I contacted my friend letting her know it was still a work in progress, and that I hoped to get it to her soon.  Her reply was completely understanding, as she is no stranger to the creative process...

On Sunday, in search of my smile, I went down to my art room...  The green canvas called to me, and I DOVE in... and completely lost myself...!

I added color...

Was this green?
I was not even sure where it was going...  Or what I would put on this colorful background...

Without hesitation, and without question, I grabbed my brayer and ivory paint, and went. to. town. !  Low and behold, it told me it needed to be a girl...

she started to come together...

Next thing I know, this is where I ended up...


She is almost done, I am just waiting for
her to tell me her words...

Finally she spoke!


She got back up anyway


And now she is ready to be sent off to her new home...


...she will be mailed as soon as the Stickles dry...




So as our RAK 41, I recommitted to  a piece that has been in the works for a while to send off to an amazing beautiful soul to add to her wall of other pieces from friends around the globe.

In the process, I found my way out of the darkness, and back onto my path of light...  And found my smile was right there waiting for me.


Sending love
Coreena

On behalf of the Kornel/Peters Family.

If anyone else is feeling the February Blahs...  I HIGHLY recommend going out there and doing something kind...





1 comment:

  1. LOVE this, Coreena - and all of the RAKs you and your family are doing. Such inspiration. Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete