Sunday 24 February 2013

RAK 49 - A Little Help

February 28, 2013

Today was a windy day, very windy and cold.  The wind combined with the recent warm weather and melting to create very icy slippery situations on roads, sidewalks and parking lots.  On my way into a store today I noticed an elderly gentleman making his way slowly through the parking lot.  In one hand held his shopping bags, and in the other his cane.  Slowly and carefully he was attempting to make his way across the icy lot towards his car.  It was clearly a struggle to maintain balance and the icy lot only intensified the struggle.  While I may have easily turned a blind eye and made my way into the warmth of the store, I made the choice to offer assistance.  I made my way to the gentleman and offer assistance.  Ensuring that he made it safely to his vehicle before continuing with my own shopping.  A fraction of time in my day but hopefully making a difference for this gentleman.

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment